Rape Video Games? What's next...

Posted by Amanda , Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:39 PM

I have never liked video games really. For all those people that enjoy them, I am sorry but I do not. I feel like they are a mindless waste of time, most of them being violent and disturbing. They desensitize you, making murder and grotesque images a normal part of life. Now, I have found a new reason to dislike them. I recently read that they have come out with a video game in Japan that is all about raping, assaulting and molesting women. You can even choose to impregnate a woman and then force her to have an abortion. The motive for this game is revenge.

Wow.

It's no wonder that things like prostitution, human trafficking and rude sexual behavior are running rampant in this world today. What makes us think these things are okay?

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that games like this exist. It's bad enough that things like this actually happen in our world--maybe this is the reason why. In the article, it debates whether or not these kinds of games should be banned. In my mind, I wonder how that is even a debate.

I'm almost speechless. I can't find any words to say. It makes me sad, angry, frustrated that women are used like that...and for what? Revenge. It makes me upset that people place no value on human lives and that video games are just reinforcing that. How is this happening?

Here is the article: RapeLay Video Game

2 Response to "Rape Video Games? What's next..."

monika Says:

I agree with you . Where we civilized people are going? I was stunted after hearing the news in CNN in DISH TV
. Japanese are well know for their hard work and technology. They are respected by the rest of the world. But such thing are happening in Japan! Really it's shame.

lusi Says:

Japanese GOVT. should impose a ban on selling such games. I watched the news at DIRECT TV. This will leave a negative impression over the children mind.