New Home, New Start...

Posted by Amanda , Thursday, April 15, 2010 1:26 PM

The past two weeks have been full of excitement. It started off with a beautiful graduation dinner from our school. We went out to a Peruvian restaurant, played some games afterwards and then said our goodbyes. It was a great night, but sad knowing that it was the end of this rough, challenging, intense but amazing school.

The next nine days I spent back home in Indiana. It was a last minute ordeal, so I had the chance to surprise family and friends. I really enjoyed every minute I had at home, relaxing and hanging out with my parents. It was just what I needed before I headed back into these next few months of my life. Which leads me to...

Jaco. I came back to Costa Rica on Sunday night. Yesterday morning, we loaded up a van (literally loaded because we had so many bags) and moved down to Jaco, Costa Rica. It's a beach town about two hours outside of San Jose and where I will be living for at least the next three months. Emily and I walked into our new apartment and could barely contain our excitement. We have a mini kitchen with cabinets, a sink and refigerator (which I was able to make ice cubes in and drink cold water). We also have a little loft with a mattress that Emily has made her home in. I'm sleeping downstairs on a nice, big mattress, right next to our very own bathroom! We also have air conditioning...which in Jaco is one of the biggest blessings you could possibly get. We decorated the room and now it feels super "homey" and wonderful.

Our outreach is just beginning. We've had a couple meetings so far just to talk about what we will be doing. The place we are living has a skate ministry and Bible study each week. We will be opening the skate ramp everyday so the kids can come and skate. We are also looking into working everyday at an after school program in the area. Opportunities are opening up and I'm excited! Now I just need to work harder on my Spanish. :)

1 Response to "New Home, New Start..."

Christian Skaters Says:

Would love to hear more about the skate ministry there. info@ChristianSkaters.com