Some more cool links...

Posted by Amanda , Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:55 PM

We've been learning so much about injustice lately and about God's heart for the poor, the broken, the lonely, and the hurting. I'm starting to get so much more passionate about injustice and learning how to deal with it and what kind of response I can take towards it. I feel like I am constantly searching for articles, ministries and information about different problems all over the world and I've found some really cool things. This week we are talking about Inner Healing and as I was thinking about this topic, I thought of a few ministries that work towards inner healing. I love reading about their vision and their passion for what they are doing.

One ministry I especially love is called To Write Love on Her Arms. The whole purpose of their ministry is to give hope to and find help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. They want people to know and understand love, to know that they are not alone, and that help and hope are real. Their vision is of restoration and helping people be free and find life.

Another awesome ministry is Love146. Their vision is to abolish sex slavery and to provide restoration for the people who have been rescued from the slave trade. They are working to prevent child sex slavery, as well as to take care of the children after they have been rescued and taken out of the slave trade.

Both of these ministries are working towards restoration and are providing such great help for people. If you go to their websites you can learn a lot more about the problems they are involved with and what you can do to help.

1 Response to "Some more cool links..."

Unknown Says:

To write love on her arms and love 146 are amazing ministries i agree. I'm excited to see where God has taken you Amanda! Sounds like your learning and growing so much. Hope to talk to you soon. And come visit you too!